Support the Cause
As the most respected global organization focused on safe medication practices, patients depend on us. We are the only 501c (3) non-profit organization devoted entirely to preventing medication errors. We rely on charitable donations, educational grants, newsletter subscriptions, and volunteer efforts to pursue this life-saving work.
Thanks to your contributions, we have been able to offer the following:
- First voluntary National Medication Errors Reporting Program (MERP)
- Comprehensive investigations into reported medication errors to identify root causes and drive medication error prevention strategies worldwide
- Real-time newsletters and up-to-the minute alerts on safety information read and trusted by healthcare practitioners, consumers, regulators, and the media
- Ongoing advocacy with manufacturers to change medication names, labels, and packaging to avoid fatal medication errors
- Groundbreaking medication safety self assessments for healthcare organizations
- Free guidelines and tools, including safe use of medication-related technology, risk reduction strategies for high-alert medications, and a compendium of useful lists to identify high-alert drugs, commonly confused drug names, and tall man lettering for medications
There are many ways you can help ISMP to build a safer future for millions of patients
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
Investigating medication errors, improving systemic issues in the healthcare system, and rapidly educating the medical community when an error may affect many more patients is resource intensive. We depend on your support so we can conduct in-depth investigations and disseminate valuable safety information to healthcare facilities. Your financial contribution can make a world of difference. Donate here.
Report an Error
Communication of medication errors is critical to preventing future events. If you have experienced or heard about a safety risk or error, please notify us through one of our medication error reporting programs. A simple report can protect millions of patients. Find out more about the ISMP Medication Error Reporting Programs here.
Volunteer with ISMP
Do you want to be part of something that will have long-lasting impact on the future of patient safety? Join ISMP as a volunteer and build your legacy. Each of you brings a diverse perspective, knowledge, and skills that could benefit ISMP’s efforts to support patient safety. Contact ISMP to volunteer.