Volume 23, Issue 21
Medication Safety Alert! October 18, 2018
In this week's issue:
- Errors Due to the Presentation of Results on Accu-Chek Inform II and Possibly Other Glucometers
- Confusion when thinking about error-prone drug abbreviations
- Container label changes for vitamin A, D, and E
- Peel-off label on rocuronium vial leads to confusion
- Join us in celebrating American Pharmacists Month in October!
- New 2018-2019 FDA/ISMP Safe Medication Management Fellows
- Avani Bhalodia, PharmD
- Mona Hamman, PharmD
Problem: Glucose testing is one of the most frequent point-of-care (POC) tests performed in hospitals. 1 While POC glucose testing offers immediate results that can be used to make important clinical decisions about the treatment of hypo- or hyperglycemia, errors can occur at any point in the...