Volume 23, Issue 24
Medication Safety Alert! November 29, 2018
In this week's issue:
- Are National Efforts to Reduce Drug Name Confusion Paying Off?
- Generic EPINEPHrine autoinjectors
- Simulation products look real
- Clinical practice guidelines available
- LevOCARNitine packaging leads to errors
Introduction One in every 1,000 medication orders in a hospital, and one in every 1,000 prescriptions in a pharmacy, have been associated with selecting the wrong drug while prescribing, transcribing, dispensing, or administering medications. 1-4 Drug name similarities are a primary cause of these...