Volume 21, Issue 15
Medication Safety Alert! July 28, 2016
In this week's issue:
- ISMP National Vaccine Errors Reporting Program: One in Three Vaccine Errors Associated with Age-Related Factors
- Temporary bleomycin importation
- Healthcare consumers are watching!
- Mislabeled oral syringe package
- Barcode - a must on immediate container label
- Textbook errata - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Primer for Pharmacists
Advances in immunization technology and knowledge of diseases have spurred an ongoing stream of new vaccines and periodic changes to vaccination schedules to optimize disease protection. Today, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), immunizations prevent between 2 and 3 million deaths per...