Medication Safety Alert! December 13, 2018
In this week's issue:
- QuarterWatchTM (includes data through June 2018): Focus on Newly Approved Drugs
- Medication safety is right up our alley! 21st ISMP Cheers Awards
- Oral potassium solution overdose risk
- Is oral imaging agent at risk for IV use?
- Numbers attached to drug names can lead to errors
In the latest issue of ISMP’s QuarterWatch™, we examine the adverse drug events reported to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) for 97 new drugs and biological products approved between 2015 and 2017, including:
evolocumab (REPATHA) and alirocumab (PRALUENT), a new generation of cholesterol-lowering biological products that reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL)
secukinumab (COSENTYX) and ixekizumab (TALTZ), two of the newest treatments for plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
dupilumab (DUPIXENT), a new immunosuppressant to treat...