Volume 20, Issue 9
Medication Safety Alert! September 2022
In this month's issue:
- Prevent Uncontrolled, Rapid Infusion Rates: Confirm Infusions are Connected to Pumps Before Opening the Clamp!
- Multi-chamber bag parenteral nutrition is not without risk
- Worth repeating… Norepinephrine left in a discontinued intravenous (IV) line administered as a bolus
- Accidental needlestick with EVENITY prefilled syringe
- “Shellfish allergy” may be a red herring
- Meet our three new 2022-2023 Fellows
- Tyler Nichols, PharmD, BCPS
- Jose P. Nery, PharmD
- Sadik Owolewa, PharmD
- ISMP perioperative guidelines are now available!