Volume 21, Issue 22
Medication Safety Alert! November 3, 2016
In this week's issue:
- Chloral Hydrate: Is It Still Being Used? Are There Safer Alternatives?
- ISMP Survey on Oral Chloral Hydrate for Pediatric Procedural Sedation
- In deepest sympathy...Dr. Betsy Allan Flynn
- Don't give Zurampic without allopurinol
- Does ClariSpray look familiar?
- Highly concentrated potassium chloride injection
- Look-alike generic names
- Standardize 4 Safety: Fewer choices, fewer errors
In early 2017, ISMP plans to update its list of high-alert medications to correspond with the release of a new ISMP Medication Safety Self Assessment ® for High-Alert Medications . The new assessment tool, funded by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), will allow hospitals and outpatient...