Volume 22, Issue 7
Medication Safety Alert! April 6, 2017
In this week's issue:
- Two Unsafe Practices: Administration of a Product with a Precipitate and Reuse of a Saline Flush Syringe
- Don't dilute PROVAYBLUE in normal saline
- WHO launches global effort to reduce medication errors
- Are divided doses behind some methotrexate overdoses?
- Dangerous abbreviation - AZT
- Quarterly Action Agenda (January - March 2017)
Problem: Two events recently brought to our attention have again thrust unsafe injection and infusion practices into the limelight. One involves the dispensing and intravenous (IV) administration of a pharmacy-prepared product despite a visible precipitate, and the other involves the reuse of...