Virtual Medication Safety Intensive - August 2021
August 5 - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm ET
August 6 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm ET
Following completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Perform system-based medication error analysis.
- Identify latent and active failures that lead to medication error events.
- Develop error-reduction strategies for the use of high-alert medications.
- Utilize various data collection methods and tools to identify medication-related risk.
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of the medication safety officer or individual(s) responsible for medication safety oversight.
- Identify human error, at-risk behavior, and reckless behaviors.
- Describe appropriate organizational responses to behavioral choices.
- Measure the effectiveness of selected error-reduction strategies.
This workshop is conducted in English.
Pharmacy Program Coordinator, Medication Use Safety & Quality, UK HealthCare