Medication Safety Intensive
During this two-day workshop, our faculty will challenge you to see your organization in a unique way- through the eyes of leading medication-safety experts. You will engage in group discussions and problem-solve challenging medication safety related cases.
Upon completion, you will have an invaluable understanding of the infrastructure needed to support continued safety improvements, while acquiring the specific knowledge, resources, and tools needed to be successful as a medication safety leader.
This workshop is for practitioners who are new to medication safety roles or practitioners looking to expand their understanding to support an effective medication safety system.
This workshop is conducted in English.
Practitioners with responsibility for medication safety oversight including:
- Medication Safety and Patient Safety Officers/Managers
- Risk and Quality Improvement Professionals
- Directors of Pharmacy and Nursing
- Clinical Leads/Nurse Managers
- Chief Medical Officers
- Frontline clinical staff interested in medication safety
- Pharmacy Residents
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Practitioners who are new to medication safety responsibilities
- Professional Students
Topics Covered Include:
- Key Elements of the Medication Use System
- System Design and Risk-Reduction Strategies
- Risk Identification and Data Collection Methods
- Just Culture Concepts; Shaping Behaviors
- Measuring Medication Safety: Using the Right Data for the Best Results
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Medication Safety Officer: Challenges and Issues in Medication Safety Oversight
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- December 2 & 3, 2021
- January 27 & 28, 2022 (Registration coming soon)
- April 7 & 8, 2022 (Registration coming soon)
- June 9 & 10, 2022 (Registration coming soon)
- August 4 & 5, 2022 (Registration coming soon)
- October 6 & 7, 2022 (Registration coming soon)
Interested in a private workshop for your medication safety group? Contact ISMP today.
Each workshop will feature speakers drawn from our distinguished faculty:
- Matthew Grissinger, RPh, FISMP, FASCP
Director, Error Reporting Programs
ISMP, Horsham, PA
- Susan Paparella, MSN, RN
ISMP, Horsham, PA
- Liz Hess, PharmD, MS, FISMP, CPPS
Pharmacy Program Coordinator, Medication Use Safety & Quality
Residency Program Director, Medication-Use Safety and Policy Pharmacy Residency
UK Healthcare, Lexington, KY
- Elizabeth Wade, PharmD, BCPS, FASHP
Medication Safety Officer
Concord Hospital, Concord, NH
- $900.00 USD
Looking for mentorship time with ISMP? Contact us about the one-week Practitioner in Residence Mentorship program
"The word 'intensive' truly defines the two days; I felt it translated into more than two years' worth of opportunities for growth and program development. The speakers' perspectives were founded in decades of practical experience but retained a forward-thinking mindset for innovation. This was a valuable and inspirational workshop."
-Jessica Kaczor, PharmD, BCPS
Educational Review Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education. This program is approved for up to 12.5 hours (1.25 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education. Statement of credit will be emailed within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit. This program has been assigned the Universal Program Number 0761-9999-21-004-L05-P, 0761-9999-21-004-L05-T. Educational Review Systems is also approved for pharmacy continuing education by the state of Florida. Nursing continuing education provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. This program has been assigned the Universal Program Number CEP 13677 and is approved for 12.5 contact hours (1.25 CEUs) of continuing nursing education.
All registration cancellations must be in writing to Nicole Powell at [email protected]. Cancellations received more than 72 hours in advance of program start date are refunded less a $100 administrative fee. No refunds are made for cancellations received less than 72 hours in advance of program start date. If you plan to send someone else in your place, please notify ISMP prior to the day of the program.
In the event that ISMP must change the date of the program and a registrant is no longer able to attend as a result of the change, ISMP will issue a refund in the amount of the registration fee.