How to Submit a Cheers Nomination
Nominations are currently closed.
ISMP accepts nominations for this prestigious award in the following categories:
- Organizations and Group Collaboratives
In addition to the above categories, ISMP can select a variety of other individuals or groups each year to receive an ISMP Cheers Award. These internal nominations are based on a demonstrated commitment of the nominee(s) to medication safety. Previous award categories have included the Lifetime Achievement Award, Business/Industry and Corporations (George DiDomizio Award), Academic Initiatives, International Individuals and Groups and the ISMP Medication Safety Alert!® Subscriber Award.
ISMP Cheers Award Nomination Process
- The current nomination submission period is 5/6/2018 through midnight, 9/6/2018
- Nominations will only be accepted in one category
- All nominations must be submitted electronically through this website
- Electronic submission of all supplemental attachments/supporting documents is required
- Signed Leadership and Interdisciplinary Commitment declarations (as applicable) must be e-mailed to ISMP. If sent by mail, declarations must be postmarked no later than the nomination period described above
- Supplemental attachments (e.g., Failure Mode and Effects Analysis [FMEA] results, Root Cause Analysis [RCA] findings, internal newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, measurements) that serve to strengthen the nomination are encouraged
ISMP Cheers Award Selection Process
- At the end of the submission period, an initial review by the ISMP Cheers Award Selection Committee will be performed to determine nomination completeness, accuracy of category selection, and suitability for the award
- The ISMP Board of Trustees will review applications approved by the ISMP award selection committee
- Nominees will be notified in writing of the Board’s final decision by 10/15/2018