Volume 21, Issue 19
Medication Safety Alert! September 22, 2016
In this week's issue:
- Volumetric Dosing of EPINEPHrine for Neonates Could Lead to Dosing Errors
- Worth repeating... Recent patient controlled analgesia (PCA) by proxy event suggests reassessment of practices that may have fallen by the wayside
- Preventing 10-fold dosage errors
- National Alert Network (NAN) Alert about syringe leakage
- Cubicin vs. Cubicin RF
- Updated package insert for U-500 insulin
- A glimpse down memory lane...
- May 8, 1996 newsletter: Frequent errors in drug computations require a dose verification process with independent checks
Hospitals that have a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), or that otherwise care for neonates, may be using the current information from the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) to guide emergency efforts. If so, it’s important to know that, in the organization’s...