Volume 22, Issue 21
Medication Safety Alert! October 19, 2017
In this week's issue:
- Unreadable Barcodes and Multiple Barcodes on Packages Can Lead to Errors
- Order for "NoSalt" leads to error cascade
- NAN ALERT: Misuse of standard insulin pen needles.
- ISMP launches self assessment for high-alert medications
- Differentiating insulin types by touch and separate storage
- Clarification of note in table in our last newsletter
- SIMPLIST syringe with STABILOX canister may surprise some
ISMP has recently received several reports about barcode scanning difficulties with products that could previously be scanned without problems. One issue is that the linear barcode on the FLOVENT HFA (fluticasone) inhaler was recently repositioned in a horizontal orientation around the circumference...