Medication Safety Alert! March 23, 2017
In this week's issue:
- Two Effective Initiatives for C-Suite Leaders to Improve Medication Safety and the Reliability of Outcomes
- Warning! Inconsistent expression of strength on outsourced anesthesia syringes
- Poison prevention - it's about protecting your own kids, too!
- Join ISMP in celebrating the 55th annual National Poison Prevention Week - March 19-25!
- No, not methotrexate
- New International Fellowship at ISMP
- A 2-year program funded by Baxter International
- Look for more information in our next newsletter
As an industry, healthcare suffers from a high rate of failure—as many as 440,000 patients in hospitals suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death each year, making medical errors the third leading cause of death in the US.1 Even with significant investments in technology, system design, and people, reliable patient outcomes have often been elusive given the inherent risks associated with the delivery of healthcare and the constant struggle to balance costs, quality, and safety. Can healthcare be safe? Can we really achieve highly reliable patient outcomes given human...