Volume 21, Issue 12
Medication Safety Alert! June 16, 2016
In this week's issue:
- Paralyzed by Mistakes - Reassess the Safety of Neuromuscular Blockers in Your Facility
- A liquid dose cup you can read
- Misuse of new insulin strengths
- Don't expect radio-frequency identification (RFID) stock systems to be perfect
- A glimpse down memory lane...
- April 24, 1996 newsletter: Be ready for accidental IV potassium overdoses
Problem: Neuromuscular blocking agents are high-alert medications because of their well-documented history of causing catastrophic injuries or death when used in error. These drugs are used during tracheal intubation, during surgery of intubated patients, and to facilitate mechanical ventilation of...