Volume 22, Issue 15
Medication Safety Alert! July 27, 2017
In this week's issue:
- QuarterWatch™ (2016 Annual Report) Part II: Oral Anticoagulants - The Nation's Top Risk of Acute Injury from Drugs
- Prefilled opioid syringe shortage coming?
- More on fentaNYL, carfentanil exposure
- Unsafe procainamide packaging
- Tell consumers what to expect
- New 2017-2018 ISMP Fellows
- Viktoriya Ingram, PharmD, 2017-2018 ISMP Safe Medication Management Fellow sponsored by Baxter International, Inc.
- David Valentine, PharmD, 2017-2018 ISMP Safe Medication Management Fellow sponsored by the US Air Force (USAF)
The latest annual report of ISMP’s QuarterWatch™ analyzes more than 1.2 million new adverse drug event reports submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) during 2016. Part I of this newsletter feature, which appeared in the July 13, 2017 issue,...