Volume 24, Issue 2
Medication Safety Alert! January 31, 2019
In this week's issue:
- Highlights from a Study of Residents’ Electronic Medication Prescribing Errors
- Your Reports at Work: FDA tells pen injector needle manufacturers to improve patient instructions for use
- FDA Advise-ERR: Lumoxiti has unique preparation instructions!
- For medication orders, “fuzzy matching” is fuzzy illogical
- Acute Care Action Agenda (October – December 2018)
In academic teaching hospitals, medical residents typically enter most of the medication orders for patients using electronic prescribing (e-prescribing) systems. However, little is known about the association between the residents’ level of training and the frequency of medication prescribing...