Volume 21, Issue 4
Medication Safety Alert! February 25, 2016
In this week's issue:
- Government and Industry Fail to Protect the Public When They Suggest "Carefully Following Instructions" is Enough to Prevent Vaccine Errors
- Take our survey! Look-Alike Drug Names with Recommended Tall Man Letters
- Updated ISMP Intravenous (IV) admixture safety guidelines open for public comment
- Confusion with look-alike vial labels
- Are patients who are allergic to antibiotics at risk for reactions to vaccine ingredients?
It’s difficult to say this, but we were truly disappointed in our colleagues at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) after reading about a recent analysis that representatives from these agencies conducted on errors associated with...