Volume 21, Issue 3
Medication Safety Alert! February 11, 2016
In this week's issue:
- Selected Medication Safety Risks to Manage in 2016 That Might Otherwise Fall Off the Radar Screen - Part II
- Methylergonovine errors in obstetrics
- Paregoric, not "opium tincture"
- New bendamustine product avoids closed system transfer device (CSTD) issues
- Targeted Medication Safety Best Practice #9. (Ensure all antidotes, reversal agents, and rescue agents are readily available)
- How NOT to barcode topical creams
Some medication safety risks are painfully apparent in an organization, while many others lie dormant in the system until an error or adverse event draws attention to them. We thought it would be useful to describe selected medication safety risks for organizations to manage in 2016 that might...