Medication Safety Alert! August 24, 2017
In this week's issue:
- Telling True Stories is an ISMP Hallmark - Here's Why You Should Tell Stories, Too...
- Message in our Mailbox: tacrolimus errors
- Take our survey on drug shortages
- Adrenalin labeling change coming
- Unsafe labeling of CSL Behring products
Storytelling is a hallmark at the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), a practice we have embedded in practically every aspect of our work. While we use and promote a vast array of sophisticated medication safety improvement tools, measures, and technologies, our most fundamental strategy to create change is a simple one—to convey compelling stories about medication errors and impactful change strategies to draw attention to problems and encourage people to act. Anyone involved in patient safety knows that improvement strategies are most effective within a culture that ensures any...