ISMP Mission and Vision
Our Mission is to advance patient safety worldwide by empowering the healthcare community, including consumers, to prevent medication errors.
We accomplish this through our interdisciplinary efforts to:
- Collect and analyze reports of medication-related hazardous conditions, near-misses, errors, and other adverse drug events
- Disseminate timely medication safety information, risk-reduction tools, and error-prevention strategies
- Educate the healthcare community and consumers about safe medication practices
- Collaborate with other patient safety organizations, educational institutions, governmental agencies and other healthcare stakeholders
- Advocate the adoption of safe medication standards by accrediting bodies, manufacturers, policy makers, regulatory agencies, and standards-setting organizations
- Conduct research to provide evidence-based safe medication practices
Our Vision is to be the premier independent, patient safety organization leading the effort to prevent medication errors and adverse drug events.