ISMP Mission and Vision
Our Mission: Advancing patient safety worldwide by empowering the healthcare community to prevent medication errors.
We accomplish this through our interdisciplinary efforts to:
- Collect and analyze reports of medication-related hazardous conditions, near-misses, errors, and other adverse drug events
- Disseminate timely medication safety information, risk-reduction tools, and error-prevention strategies
- Educate the healthcare community and consumers about safe medication practices
- Collaborate with other patient safety organizations, educational institutions, governmental agencies and other healthcare stakeholders
- Advocate the adoption of safe medication standards by accrediting bodies, manufacturers, policy makers, regulatory agencies, and standards-setting organizations
- Conduct research to provide evidence-based safe medication practices
Our Vision: To be the premier independent, patient safety organization leading the effort to prevent medication errors and adverse drug events.