Welcome to the ISMP Medication Safety Alert! Nurse Advise-ERR, a medication safety newsletter designed specifically to meet the needs of nurses who transcribe medication orders, administer medications, and monitor the effects of medications on patients. This monthly, two-four page newsletter will be offered FREE in 2016 to acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, community health clinics, surgical centers, and birthing centers, and to faculty at academic settings thanks to restricted grants from Baxter Healthcare and BD. Those who work in other settings can still purchase an individual subscription for $15 or a reduced-rate organizational subscription for $50. Regular features include detailed anonymous accounts of reported errors, checklists of evidence-based error reduction strategies, and short 'safety wires' that offer quick tips regarding safe medication practices. Free CEUs are available in July and January.
Click here to subscribe to the newsletter
In this month's issue:
- Partially filled vials and syringes in sharps containers are a key source of drug diversion
- We need your input!
- Kayexalate or Kay Ciel?
- Updated standards. (Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice - 2016)
- Ambiguous abbreviation B-L-D.
- Infection control position paper.
- Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit.
- National Nurses Week 2016
- This year's theme: The Culture of Safety Starts with YOU
- Celebrate: May 6 - 12, 2016
- Send special thanks - Nurse AdviseERR still FREE!
- We are very pleased to announce that Nurse AdviseERR will again be offered FREE to US hospital nurses in 2016 through educational grants from Baxter Healthcare, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and Fresenius Kabi. Please join us in thanking our 2016 supporters. We will forward all messages to company representatives.
- Please send thank you messages to: email@example.com.
Nurse Advise-ERR® is offered free in 2014 to nurses who work in US acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, community health clinics, surgical centers, and birthing centers; and faculty at academic settings to allow for free redistribution to students, thanks to educational grants from Baxter Healthcare and BD. We encourage you to designate a primary subscriber in your organization who then redistributes it to as many nurses as possible in your healthcare system.
Back issues of the newsletter are available at: http://www.ismp.org/Newsletters/nursing/archive.aspx.
NOTE: To open, read, and print the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have the Reader, or you need to update it, click on this link (www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) for a free download.
ATTENTION CANADIAN NURSES: ISMP Canada is pleased to distribute this newsletter to Canadian nurses. Please subscribe via this link: https://www.ismp-canada.org/advise-err.htm.