Measurement mishaps with liquid medicines
- Narcan available in US schools to treat drug overdoses
- Advice from FDA: Aspirin-containing antacid medicines can cause bleeding
- New U-500 insulin syringe.
- Time to get your flu shot
A new warning for consumers: Many common medicines and herbals can cause or worsen heart failure
- Advice from FDA: Potential for disabling side effects from certain antibiotics
- Certain medicines increase the risk of heatstroke.
- Ask about safety caps.
- Cup with wrong measurement marking.
- Helpful resource: Free ISMP resources - Consumer leaflets in Spanish.
Breathing easier: Safe use of inhaled medicines
- Don't squeeze the round DROP-TAINER.
- HealthAlert! Avoid giving tramadol to children.
- Advice from FDA: Loose safety seals have potential risks
Accidental poisonings of babies: Birth to 6 months How they happen and what you can do to prevent them
- A persistent, burning problem with hydrogen peroxide contact lens solutions such as Clear Care
- Advice from FDA: Injectable skin lightening products: What you should know
- Talk Before You Take: Maximizing the benefits and minimizing the risks
- A useful medication-management app. (www.mangohealth.com/)
- Confusing imprint codes.
Oral chemotherapy: Not just an ordinary pill
- Avoid numbing medicine for baby's teething discomfort
- Advice from FDA: Get set for a healthy winter season
- Brintellix and Brilinta mix-ups.
- Demonstration pack mistaken as starter pack.