Getting the wrong person’s medicine at the pharmacy: Easy steps consumers can take to help eliminate these errors
- Caffeine powder...A potent jolt that can result in death
- Advice from FDA: Kids and tobacco use: Some surprising findings
- Possible permanent skin color changes from medicine patch.
- OTC eye drops may be harmful if swallowed.
- National Immunization Awareness Month August 2015
Call a Rapid Response Team to address unresolved safety or health concerns
- Worth repeating... Ask questions if your medicine is a powder
- Important recall - Check your Mucinex Fast-Max products!
- Advice from FDA: Topical Acne Products Can Cause Dangerous Side Effects
- Don't open Pradaxa capsules.
- An unexpected painful breath.
- Blue dye allergy.
- Take a short survey on Filling Electronic Prescriptions (www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2115231/Consumer-survey)
Take a tour of ISMP’s ConsumerMedSafety.org website
- Advice from FDA: Allergy Medications Could Affect Your Driving
- to Err is Human... Medicine Missteps (5 common mistakes made when taking medicine)
- Poison Prevention Week: March 15-21, 2015
Liver injuries from herbals and dietary supplements have led to death and liver transplants
- Designer pain creams and ointments are profitable for compounding pharmacies but risky for patients and children
- Bottle adapter interfered with child-resistant cap.
- It is not too late to get the flu vaccine!
- Advice from FDA: Improperly discarded 'sharps' can be dangerous
- Medicines that Don't Mix: Bactrim and warfarin