THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCERPTS FROM THE NEWSLETTER
April 7, 2005
- Building a case for medication
- Non-standard abbreviations, such as "PT",
can have multiple meanings and lead to misinterpretations.
- ANUSOL topical starch products are now labeled
as TUCKS, the trademark associated with topical
witch hazel products.
- REMINYL (galantamine) trademark changed to
RAZADYNE to prevent mix-ups with AMARYL
- New USP resolution to encourage use of generic names
only in practice settings may not lead to fewer errors.