ISMP webinars are a convenient way for healthcare professionals to stay ahead of new trends in medication safety and gain additional knowledge in key areas.
Practitioners can stretch their professional development dollars further by gaining access to top-flight educational seminars without having to pay for travel and lodging or spend extra time away from work. In addition, each organization pays one fee for registration that covers unlimited participation from individuals at their site.
ISMP’s webinars focus on practical issues that healthcare professionals find themselves addressing every day in practice, such as the JC’s National Patient Safety Goals, bar coding, and IV drug compounding. They feature multidisciplinary panels of nationally known experts in medication safety from all over the US. See the links below for more information on past webinar topics.
Live Continuing Education Credits must be completed by 30 days after live date. We are unable to process the request after this date. Enduring Continuing Education Credits will expire 2 years after live webinar date and must be completed within 30 days after watching the webinar recording (CD). We are unable to process the request after this date.
- Oops, Sorry, Wrong Patient: Taking Steps to Improve the Identification and Prevention of Wrong Patient Errors in Electronic Systems
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Expanding Our Reach: Inpatient Pharmacists Reducing Readmissions Within a Health System
Tuesday, September 29, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Managing Human Error, At-Risk Behavior, and Reckless Behavior in a Just Culture
Thursday, August 27, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Missed Safety Opportunities with Subcutaneous Insulin: Addressing the Often Unknown Safety Challenges with Insulin
Thursday, July 30, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- 2015 Update on the Joint Commission Medication-Related Standards
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Expanding the Use of Barcode Medication Administration: Making a Difference in the Emergency Department (ED) and Other Outpatient Settings
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- The Human Dimension: When Being Human Gets in the Way of Medication Safety
Thursday, April 30, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Evolution of Anticoagulants and the Effects on Patient Safety
Thursday, March 19, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Strategies to Prevent Cancer Chemotherapy Errors: Focus on Oral Agents
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Smart Pump Integration: A Giant Step for IV Infusion Safety
Thursday, October 23, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Beyond Medication Error Reporting: A New Approach for Understanding Medication Safety Risk
Thursday, September 18, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- The Pharmacist's Role in Protocol-Driven Care for Pain Management, Nutritional Support, Anticoagulation, and More!
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 from 1:30pm - 3:00pm ET
- 2014 Update on the Joint Commission Medication-Related Standards
Thursday, June 26, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Basal Bolus Insulin Therapy: Implementing Best Practices for Inpatients with Hyperglycemia
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Addressing Safety Challenges with U-500 Insulin (And did you know U-200 and U-300 insulin products are on the way?)
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Reducing Hospital Readmissions: Successful Staff Intervention Strategies at Discharge
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- A call to action: ISMPís 2014-15 Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for Hospitals
Thursday, January 30, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- New Actions by FDA to Reduce Medication Errors Tied to Manufacturer's Container Labeling
Thursday, December 19, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET