ISMP webinars are a convenient way for healthcare professionals to stay ahead of new trends in medication safety and gain additional knowledge in key areas.
Practitioners can stretch their professional development dollars further by gaining access to top-flight educational seminars without having to pay for travel and lodging or spend extra time away from work. In addition, each organization pays one fee for registration that covers unlimited participation from individuals at their site.
ISMP’s webinars focus on practical issues that healthcare professionals find themselves addressing every day in practice, such as the JC’s National Patient Safety Goals, bar coding, and IV drug compounding. They feature multidisciplinary panels of nationally known experts in medication safety from all over the US. See the links below for more information on past webinar topics.
Live Continuing Education Credits must be completed by 30 days after live date. We are unable to process the request after this date. Enduring Continuing Education Credits will expire 2 years after live webinar date and must be completed within 30 days after watching the webinar recording (CD). We are unable to process the request after this date.
- Smart Pump Integration: A Giant Step for IV Infusion Safety
Thursday, October 23, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Beyond Medication Error Reporting: A New Approach for Understanding Medication Safety Risk
Thursday, September 18, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- The Pharmacist's Role in Protocol-Driven Care for Pain Management, Nutritional Support, Anticoagulation, and More!
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 from 1:30pm - 3:00pm ET
- 2014 Update on the Joint Commission Medication-Related Standards
Thursday, June 26, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Basal Bolus Insulin Therapy: Implementing Best Practices for Inpatients with Hyperglycemia
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Addressing Safety Challenges with U-500 Insulin (And did you know U-200 and U-300 insulin products are on the way?)
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Reducing Hospital Readmissions: Successful Staff Intervention Strategies at Discharge
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- A call to action: ISMPís 2014-15 Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for Hospitals
Thursday, January 30, 2014 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- New Actions by FDA to Reduce Medication Errors Tied to Manufacturer's Container Labeling
Thursday, December 19, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Preparing for Biosimilars: Are You Ready to Safely Integrate Them Into the Medication Use Process?
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 from 1:30 Ė 3:00 PM ET
- Using Data to Pump Up Safety with Smart Infusion Devices
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Raising the Bar for BCMA: Addressing Pharmacy Challenges, Nursing Engagement, and Data Analysis to Improve Practice
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Outsourcing Sterile Compounding: Proposed Regulations and Safety Considerations
Thursday, August 15, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Measuring Medication Safety: Using the Right Data for the Best Results
Thursday, July 18, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00PM ET
- Understanding the Finer Points of the Joint Commission Medication Management Standards for Hospitals: An Update for 2013
Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Unsafe Injection Practices are Placing Patients at Risk: Take Action Now
Thursday, May 9, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM EST
- Safety Strategies with Oral Chemotherapy
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Reducing IV Admixture-Related Safety Risks: Implementation of the ISMP Guidelines for SAFE Preparation of Sterile Compounds
Thursday, March 14, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Taking Charge when Drug Shortages Arise: A Model for Decision Making and Action
Thursday, February 14, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
- Improving Medication Safety through Staff Education and Competency Assessment: An Important Challenge for Healthcare Organizations
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET