Welcome to the ISMP Medication Safety Alert! Nurse Advise-ERR, a medication safety newsletter designed specifically to meet the needs of nurses who transcribe medication orders, administer medications, and monitor the effects of medications on patients. This monthly, two-four page newsletter will be offered FREE in 2016 to acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, community health clinics, surgical centers, and birthing centers, and to faculty at academic settings thanks to restricted grants from Baxter Healthcare and BD. Those who work in other settings can still purchase an individual subscription for $15 or a reduced-rate organizational subscription for $50. Regular features include detailed anonymous accounts of reported errors, checklists of evidence-based error reduction strategies, and short 'safety wires' that offer quick tips regarding safe medication practices. Free CEUs are available in July and January.
Click here to subscribe to the newsletter
In this month's issue:
- EPINEPHrine for anaphylaxis: Autoinjector or 1 mg vial or ampul?
- Are you ready to treat anaphylaxis?
- Nice Catch: Mix-ups among "V" drugs
- ISMP launches 2016-2017 Best Practices for Hospitals
- Could this happen at your hospital? (used nasal spray placed back into stock)
- Safe Medication Management Fellowships
- ISMP webinar
- January 27: Measuring Risk with Medications In Your Organization: Using the Right Data to Identify Risk
- For more information and to register, please visit: www.ismp.org/sc?id=349.
- CE credit now available
- One hour of free Nursing CE credit covering the July - December 2015 issues of Nurse AdviseERR is available.
- Go to www.ismp.org/nursingce.
- Kudos to nurses!
Nurse Advise-ERR® is offered free in 2014 to nurses who work in US acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, community health clinics, surgical centers, and birthing centers; and faculty at academic settings to allow for free redistribution to students, thanks to educational grants from Baxter Healthcare and BD. We encourage you to designate a primary subscriber in your organization who then redistributes it to as many nurses as possible in your healthcare system.
Back issues of the newsletter are available at: http://www.ismp.org/Newsletters/nursing/archive.aspx.
NOTE: To open, read, and print the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have the Reader, or you need to update it, click on this link (www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) for a free download.
ATTENTION CANADIAN NURSES: ISMP Canada is pleased to distribute this newsletter to Canadian nurses. Please subscribe via this link: https://www.ismp-canada.org/advise-err.htm.