Welcome to the ISMP Medication Safety Alert! Nurse Advise-ERR, a medication safety newsletter designed specifically to meet the needs of nurses who transcribe medication orders, administer medications, and monitor the effects of medications on patients. This monthly, two-four page newsletter will be offered FREE in 2016 to acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, community health clinics, surgical centers, and birthing centers, and to faculty at academic settings thanks to restricted grants from Baxter, Novartis, and Fresenius Kabi. Those who work in other settings can still purchase an individual subscription for $15 or a reduced-rate organizational subscription for $50. Regular features include detailed anonymous accounts of reported errors, checklists of evidence-based error reduction strategies, and short 'safety wires' that offer quick tips regarding safe medication practices. Free CEUs are available in July and January.
Click here to subscribe to the newsletter
In this month's issue:
- Understanding human over-reliance on technology
- ISMP Survey on Verbal Orders (www.ismp.org/sc?id=2851)
- Welcome to new ISMP Fellow
- Ghadeer Banasser, PharmD, CPHQ, joins use from King Abdulaziz Medical City-Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. There she worked as a Pharmacy Quality Management Specialist and was a member of their regional Medication Safety Program. Ghadeer will be with us through November.
- Safe Medication Management Fellowships
- Send special thanks - Nurse AdviseERR still FREE!
- We are very pleased to announce that Nurse AdviseERR will again be offered FREE to US hospital nurses in 2017 through educational grants from Baxter Healthcare, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and Fresenius Kabi. Please join in thanking our 2017 supporters. We will forward all messages to company representatives.
- Please send thank you messages to: email@example.com
- ISMP webinar
- February 23: Medication Safety Success Stories: Implementation of ISMP's Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices
- For details, visit: www.ismp.org/sc?id=349.
- Nursing CE credit available
- FREE nursing CE credit available covering the July - December 2016 Nurse AdviseERR newsletters is available as: www.ismp.org/nursingce.
Nurse Advise-ERR® is offered free in 2016 to nurses who work in US acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, community health clinics, surgical centers, and birthing centers; and faculty at academic settings to allow for free redistribution to students, thanks to educational grants from Baxter, Novartis, and Fresenius Kabi.
Back issues of the newsletter are available at: http://www.ismp.org/Newsletters/nursing/archive.aspx.
NOTE: To open, read, and print the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have the Reader, or you need to update it, click on this link (www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) for a free download.
ATTENTION CANADIAN NURSES: ISMP Canada is pleased to distribute this newsletter to Canadian nurses. Please subscribe via this link: https://www.ismp-canada.org/advise-err.htm.