Can't swallow pills? Teach children or adults how, or learn when it's not safe to crush medicines
- Talking labels. (Available for the visually impaired)
- Insulin pens should not be shared!
- Advice from FDA: Post-surgery codeine puts kids at risk
Two FDA moves would reduce bleeding risks with Pradaxa
- In the news...Heart risks lower with Aleve than with Advil and Motrin
- Children can open medicines with an "arthritis cap."
- Alcohol and acetaminophen: may be double trouble.
- The PROTECT Initiative: Advancing Children's Medication Safety (www.cdc.gov/medicationsafety/protect/protect_initiative.html)
- Advice from FDA: Some wart removers are flammable
Help "Give birth to the end of Hep B"
- Worth Repeating...Beware when using Clear Care
- New consumer video (safety with prescription pain medicine)
- Simply Saline simply isn't.
- Reduce Ambien dose.
- Advice from FDA: Reducing the risk of accidental exposure to pain patches
- National Poison Prevention Week: March 16-22, 2014 (www.poisonprevention.org)