THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCERPTS FROM OUR NEWSLETTER
- Measuring up to medication
- GLUCAGEN (glucagon) bar-coding problem could
lead to administration of diluent instead of active
- Watch for potential mix-ups with new paclitaxel formulation,
ABRAXANE (paclitaxel protein-bound particles
for injectable suspension). Mistaking the new formulation
for traditional drug could lead to overdose.
- Look-alike packaging warning: Baxter's atropine 0.4
mg/mL and adenosine 6 mg/2 mL can easily be confused.
- Worth Repeating: labeling medications on the sterile
field is essential for patient safety.
- Methotrexate calculation error highlights the value
of independent double checks.