The following are excerpts from the newsletter
July 1, 2004
- An omnipresent risk of
- How some dosing charts can cause medication errors.
- How to avoid mix-ups between ACTOS (pioglitazone
hydrochloride) and ACTONEL (risedronate) in the
- Recommendations for the safe use of MUCOMYST
(acetylcysteine) and MUCINEX (guaifenesin).
- How to properly counsel patients regarding the identification
of their medications.
- ISMP Quarterly Action
- Lowdown on lomustine: We'd
hate CeeNU make this mistake
- How to avoid mix-ups between NOVOLOG MIX 70/30
and NOVOLIN 70/30.
- Confusion between DOXIL and conventional doxorubicin
- How to safely communicate verbal orders for fentanyl.
- Contrived suffix for VICODIN causes confusion.
- Costly confusion with XIGRIS.
- Mix-up between SHUR-CLENS and XYLOCAINE
- New way to avoid mix-ups between METHERGINE