The following are excerpts from the newsletter
- Looking forward: Make "pro-change"
your New Year's Resolution
- ISMP joins the world in sympathy for tsunami victims.
- Incomplete verbal order communication in the pharmacy
nearly leads to neonatal morphine overdose.
- Identical trade names for different generic medications
can spell trouble in foreign countries.
- Janssen to change brand name REMINYL (galantamine
hydrobromide) to prevent mix-ups with AMARYL
- CAMPATH (alemtuzumab) concentration and label
- Error with mislabeled containers reinforces the need
for organization-wide commitment to safety.
- National Summit on Medical Abbreviations results in
modifications to National Patient Safety Goal 2b.